Chief Medical Officer
- 31 Aug 2022
- Accra, Greater Accra
BIMA is a multinational fast-growing mobile health and insurance company, using digital technologies to improve access to health and wealth information and services for millions of customers across the world.
The Chief Medical Officer is a member of Ghana’s Senior Management Team and has overall responsibility for delivering BIMA’s mHealth services to over 150,000 customers in Ghana.
He/she will be responsible for the management of a team of licensed medical practitioners and support staff, ensuring we deliver high-quality services to our customers with regard to clinical outcomes as well as customer service. He/she will also take the lead in engaging with regulators and health authorities in Ghana and develop partnerships with other health service providers.
The right candidate has an unrestricted license to practice medicine in Ghana, an impeccable clinical record, and leadership experience. He/she also has a strong interest in using technologies to improve health outcomes.
This critical role requires a leader who is proactive and results-orientated, with strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to motivate people and collaborate with other members of the BIMA Local and Global Management teams to deliver on BIMA’s strategy.
Doctor team leadership and management – responsible for recruiting, training, performance assessment, and feedback of all doctors and mHealth employees
Medical and quality assurance – responsible for Quality Assurance of service delivery of all mHealth Products (i.e., teleconsultations, Ask a BIMA Doctor, Health programs, online-to-offline services), provides medical guidance; supports Global on medical content generation, curation, and localization
Local operational management - responsible for localizing and implementing service flows; identifies continuous improvements opportunities; responsible for meeting all SLAs
Regulatory engagement – works with Global teams to lead regulatory and Governance, Risk management, and Compliance efforts and engagements in the market
Local health partnerships – leads the search and selection of prospective health partners, ensures the validity of accreditation of partners, and signs off on service design (on its interface with clinical operations); supports Country Manager and Global Management teams in health-focused discussions with external parties as required
Global reporting and participation – responsible for the mHealth Dashboard and participates in monthly Dashboard calls; weekly group CMO calls, and monthly Health Product Forums
Global/local high-priority projects - participates in strategic local/global projects as required
- A medical doctor with a current unrestricted license from the Medical and Dental Council (MDC) to practice in Ghana.
- Direct clinical experience (patient-facing) of at least 5 years in hospitals or clinics. Ideally, a specialist (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or Infectious Diseases) but could also be a General Practitioner, provided he/she meets other requirements
- Digitally savvy and technology-oriented. Has a strong interest in using technologies to improve health outcomes. Familiar with common health-related software e.g., Electronic Health Records. Actual experience in telemedicine would be considered a plus.
- Has leadership experience and management responsibilities of people, budget, etc. E.g., Head of Department, etc.
- Ability to understand and critically evaluate business needs and issues
- Good quantitative skills and competent in Microsoft Excel
- Good communicator with strong interpersonal skills, fluent in English in addition to local language(s) especially Twi.
- Ability to work collaboratively and motivate a team
- Must be proactive, self-driven, and result-orientated